LIFE Nuggets

The purpose of this blog is Essentially to Chronicle our personal faith journey and that of a place that we call LIFE House West. Why Life Nuggets? Because Nuggets bring to mind a sense of fun and enjoyment, show me a child who is sad when they get to eat chicken nuggets..... Things like life, and following Jesus should be fun and we want to explore those things in a light hearted and fun way, so please, enjoy...

Name:
Location: Hagerstown, Maryland, United States

30 years old, married, Father of four children (2 boys, 2 girls) 2 cats and 3 dogs (black lab, english bulldog, and pug)

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Living a full life

It is hard to believe that a week went by and I did not have the chance to add another LIFE Nugget. Man last week went way too fast. On Sunday we looked at how a Christ centered life gives us the opportunity to live a full life.

I thought it would be fun to note one of the things that can also help us live a full life. Food. No I am not talking about overeating or abusing our bodies. I am talking about simply enjoying good food with friends and family. I remember when I was a kid the routine of sitting around the table as a family and reviewing the day. It seemed so strange when my brother moved out of the house after he got married. The routine changed. Things were not the same. I guess it happens to all families.

Now that I have a family of my own I find myself doing the same types of things around the table. It is also great fun to have people over to feed them food that I have cooked and to spend time around the table sharing life together. I feel that time is sacred. It is a time to make great relational connections. It is a great place to make memories that point us to a full life.

So I thought it would be cool to issue a challenge, take some time around the table. enjoy life with each other. You never know what God may do.

Blessings

PJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home