LIFE Nuggets

The purpose of this blog is Essentially to Chronicle our personal faith journey and that of a place that we call LIFE House West. Why Life Nuggets? Because Nuggets bring to mind a sense of fun and enjoyment, show me a child who is sad when they get to eat chicken nuggets..... Things like life, and following Jesus should be fun and we want to explore those things in a light hearted and fun way, so please, enjoy...

Name:
Location: Hagerstown, Maryland, United States

30 years old, married, Father of four children (2 boys, 2 girls) 2 cats and 3 dogs (black lab, english bulldog, and pug)

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Brilliance of God

I have been thinking all day about what to blog. Something that has been on my mind is not just blogging trite church stuff that has to do with current message series' or agonizingly over-repeated quotes from leadership books. Sometimes it is fun just to write about something that you observe.

I had one of those moments watching television last night. There was a show on called "Dog Genius," it was obviously about dogs. What struck me is the profound ability of dogs, according to the scientists on the show, to smell. Dogs have the ability to pick out individual smells in a particular odor that we cannot. I have to admit that I was amazed to see the ability of the dogs put to the test with police bloodhounds.

It is cool when something as simple and as unnoticed as a dog nose can show the genius of God. I will admit that I am a dog lover, I have two, a Lab and an English Bulldog, and in looking at my dogs, I see the brilliant design of God.

What is even more beautiful is that we, human beings, are the crowning achievement of creation. The one thing which God made "in his image." That idea is humbling. It is we human beings that have the capacity to connect relationally with God. Dogs among other creatures are proof of the brilliance of God, we however have the opportunity to connect with God. Have you taken the time recently?

Blessings

PJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home