LIFE Nuggets

The purpose of this blog is Essentially to Chronicle our personal faith journey and that of a place that we call LIFE House West. Why Life Nuggets? Because Nuggets bring to mind a sense of fun and enjoyment, show me a child who is sad when they get to eat chicken nuggets..... Things like life, and following Jesus should be fun and we want to explore those things in a light hearted and fun way, so please, enjoy...

Name:
Location: Hagerstown, Maryland, United States

30 years old, married, Father of four children (2 boys, 2 girls) 2 cats and 3 dogs (black lab, english bulldog, and pug)

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Altars of Life

I have been taking some time today and looking back over the posts of this blog. In October it will mark one year that I have been posting on the blog. It feels strange to go back and look over what you have written and the comments of others who have stopped by and left a nugget of their own. They are a reminder of what God has brought us through up until this point in life.

This blog is the closest thing that I have to a journal. I do not sit down and write my thoughts in a book somewhere. This blog is my place for that. Already in this process we have seen people give their lives to Christ and seen God do some awesome stuff. We have worked hard, laughed hard, and played hard along the way. However, looking back reminds me of something that I think that all of us can do in our lives.

If you look in the book of Genesis, you can see that men like Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, among others built altars "to the Lord." Those places were reminders of what God had done for them. They were reminders of experiences. Most of those altars were structures that had some permanence. They would go past those altars and be reminded of what God had done for them.

Looking back over the posts of this blog is one way that I am reminded of what God has done for me. If I can give any pastoral nugget it would be to find a way to remember, journal, blog, whatever helps. It also helps you look to the future with more faith than you may have had in the first place. I know that it does that for me.

PJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home