LIFE Nuggets

The purpose of this blog is Essentially to Chronicle our personal faith journey and that of a place that we call LIFE House West. Why Life Nuggets? Because Nuggets bring to mind a sense of fun and enjoyment, show me a child who is sad when they get to eat chicken nuggets..... Things like life, and following Jesus should be fun and we want to explore those things in a light hearted and fun way, so please, enjoy...

Name:
Location: Hagerstown, Maryland, United States

30 years old, married, Father of four children (2 boys, 2 girls) 2 cats and 3 dogs (black lab, english bulldog, and pug)

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Little Mike

Today's entry is a rather sad one. Just recently we suffered the loss of one of our neighbors. Mike Hart, or as I knew him, Little Mike. He lived right behind our ministry center, and we had become good friends. More than that, Little Mike was a part of our church. He had given his life to Christ, and we had began the process of teaching him to become a dedicated follower of Jesus. There are a lot of great stories that I could share about Little Mike, but I will mention just one. When you come into the foyer of our ministry center you will notice a track light in on the ceiling. Mike put that light up.

We also shared a love of riding motorcycles. We never got the chance to do that together, but I have a patch on my vest that is a little part of Mike that I ride with. I will always remember the little ways that Mike impacted LHW. I will remember him when I ride and I will see my friend when God decides that it is time.

PJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home