LIFE Nuggets

The purpose of this blog is Essentially to Chronicle our personal faith journey and that of a place that we call LIFE House West. Why Life Nuggets? Because Nuggets bring to mind a sense of fun and enjoyment, show me a child who is sad when they get to eat chicken nuggets..... Things like life, and following Jesus should be fun and we want to explore those things in a light hearted and fun way, so please, enjoy...

Name:
Location: Hagerstown, Maryland, United States

30 years old, married, Father of four children (2 boys, 2 girls) 2 cats and 3 dogs (black lab, english bulldog, and pug)

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Home

This is a bit of a different nugget....

I was riding home yesterday evening on my Harley. The weather was great so I decided to take a longer route home that usual. One of my favorites is to ride straight through town. There was not much traffic, people are starting to move around at night, to sit on their porches and watch the cars go by.

I cannot help but wonder sometimes what they are thinking, what they struggle with in life, if they are looking to God for answers. I feel a burden for those people, for the people of my city. I get the same feeling when riding or walking around the west end of the city as well. I feel that way about the city as a whole.

I cannot help but dream about the opportunity that I have been given to work to see my home city become what God wants it to be. Not every pastor gets the chance to minister in their home. They usually adopt a place as home. I get to do it where I grew up. That is a really cool feeling. I believe that we can see real change in this city. That as a group of believers we can see genuine change take place. That we can pastor the community and not just a group of people inside the walls of a church building. That we can show the love of Jesus to everyone in our city. That we can do that in practical ways.

It is a beautiful thing to get to do that here. I love this city and the people that are in it. It is home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home